commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: commons messenger
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:47:53 GMT
From: "Thomas Marsh" <marsht1@nitesco.com>
> James / List:
>
> We're about to start experimenting with MQ Series, Websphere AE, and
> possibly commons messenger, and was wondering if the messenger objects
> can participate in transactions (XA?) ? I.E. If I consume a message in a
> session EJB, and something goes wrong, can I rollback the transaction so
> the message remains on the queue?

Sure thing. You can create an XA Connection/Session. Though right now that
will take a custom SessionFactory to be used - we should add this to the XML
config as an option. Though you'll need to do the JTA/JTS plumbing yourself
right now - thats one thing we should address for sure.

If you're doing some EJB stuff it might be easier to just use Message Driven
EJBs; Messenger works better in web/servlet centric environments.

James