commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <mich...@iammichael.org>
Subject Re: [Collections] subclassing LRUMap
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:18:36 GMT
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> > I don't know if you saw these other messages talking about LRUMap
> > (there's more, I just selected a couple):
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02555.html
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03084.html
> >

> Yup I've seen them.  James quoted the relevant portions in his Javadocs.

Actually, I submitted the patch for that.  James just committed it.  :)
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03069.html

> > Oh, and since you seem to have an active interest in collections (no one
> > else seems to), maybe you could review the patches I've submitted that
> > have not yet been applied?
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03055.html
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03056.html
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03057.html
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03060.html
>
> I may take a look, but right now I'm just focusing on LRUMap.  I plan to
> implement a cache with it.

That's cool.  Although you might want to take a look at my
SequencedHashMap patch.  I really think it would help in implementing a
better LRUMap -- one with decent add/remove performance for larger maps.
Then again, I'm probably biased towards my implementation
of things.   :)

regards,
michael