commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <mich...@iammichael.org>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Commons-USER, Commons-DISCUSS
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:22:26 GMT
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 ringo.desmet@mediagenix.com wrote:
> Don't forget that we don't all have high-bandwidth connections. Having the
> commit messages and retrieving the same info through CVS is duplication.
> Think of my modem line and phone bill. That's my reason for the split up...

That's somewhat of a compelling argument in my opinion.

Is it possible to send the cvs change log to the -dev list and send the
full cvs diff to a separate list?  That way everyone is still informed
about commits and are encouraged to check the diffs and perform a peer
review, but the modem users and users charged per byte transferred don't
have to suck down bytes they'll never look at.  Maybe even require the
commmitters to be subscribed to the cvs-diff list for added encouragement.
:)

regards,
michael