commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New committers: Jean-Frederic Clere and Patrick Luby
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:12:09 GMT
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but it sounds like your contributions
> to the Daemon component are still pending.  If so, I'd prefer to defer my
> vote until you've contributed some work as patches for a while, as is
> customary in Jakarta.  But your contributions to Tomcat are hearsay to me,
> since I don't follow those lists; if others can confirm your activity
> elsewhere in Jakarta and think it warrants committer status here, then I
> don't object.

Both JFC and Patrick are long-time Tomcat (and Apache) commiters,
with plenty of contributions to warrant a commiter status here.

I don't think we should require a vote for a jakarta  commiter to join
commons - a simple statement from him saying he wants to join
commons should be enough, regardless of the project(s) he participate
in mainly. We want to encourage jakarta projects and commiters
to participate in the commons and share the work and reuse the
code, we'll not get that if jakarta commiters feel they
need a vote to contribute.

But Deamon is not even in commons yet - it's just a sandbox
component, I thought the sandbox is open to all jakarta
anyway, and the vote was more of a courtesy and announcement.

Costin