commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Note - aaron smuts added as committer to sandbox
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:48:04 GMT
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Aaron Smuts wrote:

> If other projects would off load the reusable aspects of their code to
> commons we would all have better tools to work with.  I've have the
> unfortunate need to pull classes out of other projects, such as the
> thread pool from tomcat, in order to stabilize the dependencies.  If
> this utility had originally been part of commons, it would have saved me
> some time and trouble.  Top level projects should not have to worry

Unfortunately we had no 'commons' when we refactored the util code
from tomcat :-( I also looked a lot at xerces's string mangement
and ant's xml reader ( but I ended up implementing a different
idea, the MessageBytes/Notes and XmlMapper ).

I keep trying to move the utils from j-t-c to commons, but I never
found the time or energy, sorry about this.

Costin