commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject [logging] Default log
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:00:00 GMT
The current default is NoOp. I would like to change this to SimpleLog. If
no other logger is found we don't want to lose messages - I think it
is a huge mistake to default to 'don't log anything if a logger can't be
found'.

Also, for SimpleLog - I would like to change the default level to
info ( or warn ). Error is far too high, it's better to get more
info by default than to get none ( in a corectly configured
situation you'll get what's configured, but if something is
wrong you should get as much as possible ).

Costin