commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:46:45 GMT
On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Sam Ruby wrote:

> I have worked along side Costin on Tomcat 3.x..  To my knowledge he has no
> specific expertise in SOAP or in the Axis code base.  If he had a change he
> wanted to make there, I would trust his judgement.  Besides, I know the cvs
> commands to back out a change.  ;-)

I know a bit about SOAP ( I worked for a while on jaxm ), and I
know axis code base quite a bit ( I actually like its design a lot and
I'm using it in a project ). One of the reasons jk2 is moving slower
those days is because I spent a lot of time hacking with axis :-)

> On the other hand, if (hypothetically) Costin wanted to veto a change in
> axis that Glen Daniels (the most active committer at the present time)
> thought was important, I'm not sure what I would do.

Maybe read the arguments first :-) And then decide if you want to
second the opinion or not.

If Glen or you would veto a change I'm doing, I would take it as
seriously as a veto from any tomcat commiter. Given that it comes from
someone with a different perspective, I would treat it even more
seriously ( and I would be happy you review my commits ! ).

Costin