commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:23:24 GMT
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Scott Sanders wrote:

> +1 about eveything you said, although I think Peter added himself to the
> STATUS file to make a point about the problems with the model in
> general, not logging in particular.

And if a commiter logs in jakarta, removes all the files in the CVS or
breaks in - it'll make a point that nobody should be trusted ?

Of if he changes the jakarta-site and adds some inaproriate content,
will that mean we shouldn't allow commiters to access the jakarta-site ?

Any model has problems.  I don't know what's the right solution, but
it can happen in any project - if someone wants to contribute to tomcat
he can become a commiter and play the same -1 game there, as in any other
project.

Costin