commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Commons-USER, Commons-DISCUSS
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:25:01 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Is commons-process inherently linked to commons-dev?  I never subscribed to
> it, and I get messages from it.  If I can remain subscribed to commons-dev
> but not subscribed to commons-process I will be happy.

They are not linked.  If you are not interested in the process discussions,
you can unsubscribe from this list.  If you are not interested in the
development of code you can unsubscribe from that list.

> Also, I agree, put the commit messages on their own list!  the common convention
> here in Apache land would be commons-cvs.

It seems to me that you would like to unsubsubscribe from both.  It is not
a common convention here in Apache land to have a separate cvs list.  In
fact, in Jakarta land, there are only two subprojects which have done this.

> I really don't like being subjegated to mail I didn't sign up for, so commit
> messages and messages with a different list name than I signed up for are not
> cool.  Perhaps I can get back down to 200 messages overnight?

You did sign up for commons-dev.  I appologize for subjugating you to this
mailing list.  I've now corrected that.

- Sam Ruby