commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Problems with commons-logging
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 19:36:49 GMT
Hi Berin, answer inline:

This is the interface. But how do you use it?

Notice that we are talking about having minimal configuration
*without* knowing what logger will be in place.

> We have an implementation for LogKit which is pretty involved
> (mainly because
> LogKit does not provide a file based configuration scheme
> directly), and one
> for Log4J which is very simple (it differs to Log4J's
> configuration scheme).

AND IT SHOULD BE MOVED TO LogKit!!!

I extracted that stuff from Avalon (not very hard, as usual) and
I am using it to configure the LogKit logging. That stuff is
quite good (although with some rough edges) and most LogKit users
would love it.

It would be a really nice optional jar for LogKit.

Of course that then you must also extract the configuration bit,
but that was not hard either and it is very compact code (that
can be made quite a big more compact still... but that is another
issue).
=;o)

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar