commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:49:56 GMT
> Hm.  The discussion that I was participating in was related to the
> relationships between the components, not the administrative and
> governance model...

Me thinks both count.

With a more homogeneous culture across their committers and users,
Avalon will probably need less rules. If there is no need for
rules, why make them?

I am not 100% sure the commons needs such rules and I do not know
how strict they should be. Probably a set of explicit principles
would be enough and probably CVS access limits is too much
paranoia.

I am only sure that no restrictions should be imposed on the
sandbox and that we should not hurry projects out of it.

However, I can understand the concern of Avalon and other projects
on contributing mature components on which they depend.

Maybe we should try to accommodate those concerns in some way if
we want to take advantage of such components and see them evolving
less tied to their respective frameworks/parent-projects. This is
my interest on this issue.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar