commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:43:55 GMT
Inline...

And IT IS prevented by the rules. A lot of people would veto the kind
of nastiness you are afraid of and the mess would be rolled back.

> I know it's hypothetical, and has been ruled to be a waste of
> bandwidth, but
> what about the "log4j crew" vs "logkit crew" in the the "everyone gets to
> vote irrespective of contribution" model?

AFAIK only some of us are proposing such model to be applied to the
whole Jakarta (and I am NOT one of them).

Besides, a lot of people (including me) would prefer to have BOTH
LogKit and Log4J and veto such mess.

I also think that both logging teams, although not always very wise,
are still much wiser than that.

> geir

Have fun,
Paulo