commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit:jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/common s/logging/implLogFactoryImpl.java
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:19:46 GMT
What I can't imagine is a component that knows about multiple logging
hierarchies. That smells an awful lot like the business of the application,
not the component. What it comes down to, is, what can a Digester pass into
the LogFactory.getInstance call to specify a domain or guard?

What would make sense, is for Digester to have a setLogFactory() method. The
custom factory would be responsible for setting up the log in the correct,
customer defined, hierarchy.

Any logging during construction would have to go to the system default
logger. Whatever that is.