commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject RE: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:41:15 GMT
OK, I'm not a committer, merely a client, but it seems to me that all Peter
proved is that he can act childishly. His position is that he doesn't trust
the other committers. He doesn't want his code subject to someone else's
criticism. Considering the interdependencies of the commons code, that
strikes me as a bad idea.

For example, suppose someone made a change to beanutils that was disastrous
for digester. Peter's position is that a committer who happens to be working
on digester couldn't -1 the change to beanutils.

I'll admit that it's hypothetical and unlikely, but until Peter -1'd the
release of logging (which is a majority vote, fortunately), so was Peter's
case of a rogue vetoer.

electronic mail transmission
may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s)
named.  Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify