commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] ID and IDREF attributes
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:17:38 GMT

On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 04:11 PM, James Strachan wrote:

> Yes thats right. The only way to specify the ID and IDREF types is to use
> DTDs or some other schema language. Its a shame this kinda stuff wasn't in
> straight XML without the DTD/Schema layer being required but thats another
> story...
>
> From betwixt's perspective I guess the XMLBeanInfo should know what ID
> attribute ('foo') and IDREF attribute ('fooRef') to use.

good - that's what i was thinking too :)

maybe it'll be possible to do something with contexts and expressions to
get the correct value without adding special cases to BeanWriter.

to make life easier we could add properties (defaulting to the
conventional names) to XMLIntrospector. XMLIntrospector would then use
these to add appropriate AttributeDescription's when introspecting.

- robert