commons-dev mailing list archives

From Magnus ?or Torfason <mag...@handtolvur.is>
Subject RE: Adding a committer : Catch-22
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:42:15 GMT

> But in Avalon I could add my committer (granted with maybe one more
> patch submission) because the project (Avalon) is viable.  I would not
> be questioed there in adding the AltRMI packages to avalon package trees.

Yes, but the stability and sustainability requirements would then be
significantly lower.  If I were to use a component from within Avalon, I
would expect that it may not work out of context, and I may need to make
modifications and fixes.

If I get the component from commons, I do not think that the same level of
quality would be acceptable.  Hence, it is not such a weird idea that the
requirements for commitment are higher.

> - Paul

Regards,

Magnus