commons-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Saegesser <Marc.Saeges...@apropos.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] More HttpMultiClient patches - initial strict m ode stuff
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:02:33 GMT
I haven't had a chance to look at the existing test cases in depth yet.  I
should be able to duplicate the existing test cases for the HttpMethod based
stuff into tests for the HttpUrlMethod classes without much trouble.  I'll
see what I can do.

The other stuff is a little harder to test.  For example, testing the 100
status respose thing requires finding a server that repeatably sends the
response at the unexpected time.  The only one I have right now is my online
banking site and I'm not posting my username/password for that site into the
test cases :-)  Same thing for the broken relative Location header.

As for time to deal with this stuff.  I've been a jakarta-tomcat committer
for over year.  I worked primarily on the 3.2.x stuff and since that's now
over I've got time to spend elsewhere.  Since I'm working heavily on
HttpClient for my own application I'd be more than happy to help out around
here if the other committers will have me.

Marc Saegesser