commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:39:35 GMT
On 2/4/02 6:43 AM, "Paulo Gaspar" <> wrote:

> Inline...

Well it isn't actually, but I've been told to shut up, so I'll leave it
>> I know it's hypothetical, and has been ruled to be a waste of
>> bandwidth, but
>> what about the "log4j crew" vs "logkit crew" in the the "everyone gets to
>> vote irrespective of contribution" model?
> AFAIK only some of us are proposing such model to be applied to the
> whole Jakarta (and I am NOT one of them).
> Besides, a lot of people (including me) would prefer to have BOTH
> LogKit and Log4J and veto such mess.

I want both too.
> I also think that both logging teams, although not always very wise,
> are still much wiser than that.

I know. I have high regard for Ceki and Peter.  That's why its hypothetical.

Geir Magnusson Jr.
System and Software Consulting
You're going to end up getting pissed at your software
anyway, so you might as well not pay for it. Try Open Source.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message