commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Bean storage in database
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 19:51:37 GMT
On 2/2/02 2:38 PM, "Ted Husted" <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> As much as I like Bryan, we shouldn't turn the Sandbox into a backdoor.

A backdoor to what?

> The Sandbox is open to all Jakarta Committers, but it should not be a
> SourceForge for our developers.

It is, actually.  Take a look.

> So this is a case where we will have to develop the package outside
> Jakarta, the old fashioned way, and propose it when it is ready. Then,
> those of us who will have worked with Bryan can also vouch for him as a
> Committer.

Why?

We keep *talking* about participation, expanding the community, etc, etc,
etc.

I guess I don't understand the background of the project...

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                      geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting