commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 02:58:07 GMT
On 2/1/02 7:05 PM, "Ted Husted" <> wrote:

> The original idea of adding your name to the STATUS files was just to
> help keep track of who was working on what. Not because of voting or
> anything, but so people who know who to ping without digging through the
> combined CVS or GREPing for @authors.
> But the same thing could be accomplished by documenting the
> participating developer's name on the Web site. Here's a nice convention
> (scroll to bottom):
> But there is nothing in the current charter that implies you have to be
> in the STATUS file to vote.

You are right.  It's utterly pointless  for anything official.

It's not even required, being a guideline and not really part of the
charter.  (The guidelines were stuff we just added willy-nilly, IIRC)

So why did Peter have to add his name?

Geir Magnusson Jr.
System and Software Consulting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>