commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:39:52 GMT
On 2/1/02 6:28 PM, "Scott Sanders" <ssanders@nextance.com> wrote:

> +1. Let's just drop the status file.  I believe that Ted mentioned that
> in my proposal for the update to the charter, which has now been deluged
> by this thread...

Question that I was trying to get answered : Did Ted misunderstand our
charter, or did I, because our understandings of voting clearly was
different : either the status file doesn't matter (in which case we should
toss it) or it does.  I think it does - peter had to add himself to the
file.

New issue : if we drop the status file, then how does release and feature
voting work for components?

Can someone elucidate, as I don't think just dropping the file will work....

Should there be a requirement that you have had to contribute in some
recognized way in order to vote?

geir

> Scott

"Now what do we do?"