commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:31:51 GMT
On 2/1/02 6:27 PM, "Ted Husted" <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> Very relevant, Morgan, as always.
>
> As it stands, the Commons is a subproject like any other. The packages
> don't form a single, coherent product, but instead are being used by a
> muplicity of other products.
>
> We can all committ to and vote on all the packages here, just like we
> can in any other subproject.

That's not true, is it?  I mean, you have to be in the STATUS file to vote,
right?

So why not just drop the 'STATUS' file restriction....

System and Software Consulting
"The J2EE Compatible brand has achieved significant momentum over the past
two years, and we want to make sure that any open source efforts don't
impact the viability of that effort. "
- Karen Tegan, Director of J2EE Compatibility and Platform Services
 Sun Microsystems