commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:28:40 GMT
On 2/1/02 5:23 PM, "costinm@covalent.net" <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Scott Sanders wrote:
>
>> +1 about eveything you said, although I think Peter added himself to the
>> STATUS file to make a point about the problems with the model in
>> general, not logging in particular.
>
> And if a commiter logs in jakarta, removes all the files in the CVS or
> breaks in - it'll make a point that nobody should be trusted ?
>
> Of if he changes the jakarta-site and adds some inaproriate content,
> will that mean we shouldn't allow commiters to access the jakarta-site ?
>
> Any model has problems.  I don't know what's the right solution, but
> it can happen in any project - if someone wants to contribute to tomcat
> he can become a commiter and play the same -1 game there, as in any other
> project.

And how do you do that?  You show interest and commitment in the community.
You have commit status because it's clear you care.

In peter's case, he was just making a point.

And please : my argument can be dismissed out of hand by resorting to the
notion that you had demonstrated interest and commitment that being a
commons committer.   Please donĀ¹t' do that. If you can't allow me the idea
that working on logging isn't the same as working on AltRMI, then we can't
continue the conversation and I will graciously agree to your point (and go
away frustrated again :)

geir

System and Software Consulting
"Now what do we do?"