commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:50:09 GMT
On 2/1/02 4:24 PM, "Scott Sanders" <ssanders@nextance.com> wrote:

> Answered my own question.  An avalon committer is an avalon-* committer:
>
> From the avail file:
>
> avail|jon,donaldp,fede,charlesb,hammant,bloritsch,ramc,leosimons,neeme,j
> efft,giacomo,colus,rana_b,mirceatoma,cziegeler,froehlich,lmccay,leif,mcc
> onnell|jakarta-avalon,jakarta-avalon-testlet,jakarta-avalon-logkit,jakar
> ta-avalon-phoenix,jakarta-avalon-cornerstone,jakarta-avalon-excalibur,ja
> karta-avalon-site
>

> Avalon has a mission, and all its committers are on board.  I agree with
> this.
>
> Commons has a mission, and all its committers are on board.  I do not
> see a difference.

Jakarta has a missiong, and all its committers are on board.  I do not see a
difference.

Apache has a mission, and all its committers are on board.  I do not see a
difference.

Follow this to an org.* CVS tree....

System and Software Consulting
"The J2EE Compatible brand has achieved significant momentum over the past
two years, and we want to make sure that any open source efforts don't
impact the viability of that effort. "
- Karen Tegan, Director of J2EE Compatibility and Platform Services
 Sun Microsystems