commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernandez Martinez, Alejandro" <a.fernandez.marti...@ibermatica.com>
Subject Bean storage in database
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:44:40 GMT
Hi folks!

The J2EE discussion on the general list has raised some interesting
questions. Is there any possible replacement for entity EJBs in Jakarta
land? I'm thinking about a straight mapping from a JavaBean to a database,
which can be useful in many simple-usage situations.

The idea is: you have a bean, you want to store it in the database, every
attribute in a field. References to included beans would be solved with
foreign keys. A special "primary key" field is used to read it back.

There are some pieces that could be used: Torque to insert XML in a
database, and probably Digester to turn a bean into XML. But I don't know
much about either.

Is there any interest in something like this?