commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject HTTP Headers [was RE: Commons Util 1.0 release candidate 1]
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:46:20 GMT
> the "header" stuff could be done simply
> with a case-insensitive comparision due
> to different containers using either
> "-" or "_" to seperate header names.

But "User-Agent" and "User_Agent" are different headers (while "UsEr-AgEnT",
"USER-AGENT", and "user-agent" are the the same) per the HTTP spec, yes?  If
the container is sending "Content_Length" when it means "Content-Length",
that's a bug in the container, yes?

(This isn't just academic interest, if I'm misunderstanding the situation
here, or if there is a common if invalid case here, we should consider it
for Http Client.)