commons-dev mailing list archives

From James House <ja...@interobjective.com>
Subject Re: Calendar / Scheduler / Workflow
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:11:11 GMT

I've got a Job Scheduler project under way at Source Forge - I'm not aware
of one here at Commons.

The project began last spring, and actually was "completed" in the sense
that there was a release.  In fact there are a number of people using
it.  However, the design was really shoddy, and I removed all of it, and
restarted the project from "the ground up" this fall/winter. It is once
again approaching a real release  - within 2 to 4 weeks it should be there
... you know how development goes!

So far it's got a really sucky web page, and a bunch of code checked
in.  The code is pretty full of JavaDOC, so anyone should be able to poke
around the code and figure out the general ideas.

If anyone's interested, please feel free to join the project - or download
and use it in a few weeks when it's ready.

I'd be happy to see the project end up over in Jakarta land, which I know
is based on the project gaining a broad user base and good support record.

You can find it here: http://quartz.sourceforge.net  -- over the next few
days you should see a lot more of it get "fleshed out" as I get a few more
things off the drawing board and into real classes.

James