commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Dobbs <e...@dobbse.net>
Subject integrate security frameworks
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:26:14 GMT

On Sunday, February 24, 2002, at 03:07  AM, Juozas Baliuka wrote:

> I will think abaut this, I want to review more jakarta code, and I
> think it
> is possible to
> integrate all security frameworks, to have the same authentication
> mechanizm
> and I it
> must not be any problems with authorization integration.

I've been expecting this conversation to find its way to
commons sooner or later.  I actually thought it might be
me to start it.  I think there is some simultaneous
security wheel invention happening (maybe re-invention).
Might be a good thing.  I know at least Turbine and Avalon
have been discussing JAAS independently.  I've hesitated
to initiate this conversation 'cos I though it would
degenerate into all the usual fire between Turbine, Struts,
and Avalon, especially if the conversation is not focused
on code.  But here are some threads of which I am aware, in
case it will help you.

Turbine - start here and follow the thread
<http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-
dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg05759.html>

Avalon
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-
dev&w=2&r=1&s=AAA+implementation&q=b>

Reading through the Avalon threads I was struck by how
remarkably similar Avalon's conversation has been to
Turbine's.  Who would have thought?  8^)

Good luck!  It would be cool to find some common ground
here.  But I'll bet this one will get heated.  8^)

-Eric