commons-dev mailing list archives

From dIon Gillard <d...@multitask.com.au>
Subject Re: [httpclient] patches for HttpClient.java, HttpConnection.java
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:53:02 GMT
Sean C. Sullivan wrote:

> I updated the code for the HttpClient:
>
>         HttpClient.java
>         HttpConnection.java
>
>Patch files attached.
>
> I created the patch files using this command:
>
>              cvs diff -c Foo.java > Foo.patch
>
>-Sean

I've applied the HttpClient patch. Will do the HttpConnection patch
soon. However, one thing I've noticed is that the formatting of the code
doesn't match the patch, i.e. I have to manually go fix code formatting
once the patch is applied.

Also, as per the getting involved guidelines, if you could submit the
patches with -u rather than -c, that would make life easier. I'm also
making sure that the code compiles after the patch, and rerunning the
test suites (the ones that work behind the firewall @ work) before
committing. I'd be a lot more comfortable if I knew you'd done it first.

Thanks!

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers