commons-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Commons-USER, Commons-DISCUSS
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 16:04:47 GMT
ringo.desmet@mediagenix.com wrote:
>>But my proposal is to add a Commons-USER and Commons-DISCUSS
>>list to the
>>resources offered by the commons.
>>

> I would go for the following:
>
> commons-dev
> 	- as is
> commons-commit
> 	- CVS commit messages
> 	- reply goes to commons-dev
> 	- I don't need commit messages.
> commons-user
> 	- usage of commons packages.
>
> I don't see a reason for commons-process. If the commit messages are on a
> separate list, I can cope with the source and non-source discussions held on
> commons-dev.

Is commons-process inherently linked to commons-dev?  I never subscribed to
it, and I get messages from it.  If I can remain subscribed to commons-dev
but not subscribed to commons-process I will be happy.

Also, I agree, put the commit messages on their own list!  the common convention
here in Apache land would be commons-cvs.

I really don't like being subjegated to mail I didn't sign up for, so commit
messages and messages with a different list name than I signed up for are not
cool.  Perhaps I can get back down to 200 messages overnight?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin