commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 04:32:53 GMT
Jakarta is a ASF project, along with several others. If you want the
Commons to be a "mini-Jakarta", then propose it as another ASF project,
same as Jakarta, XML, PHP, TCL, and the rest. It would then get its own
PMC, and every component would be ~like~ a Jakarta subproject, as you
keep saying they should be. At the same time, it would help shrink
Jakarta, which is something else that worries you.

We discussed all this last year. The only difference between now and
then is that the Commons is shipping components, and others keep
knocking on the door. To date, with the possible exception of Peter, I
don't see that anyone else is on this bandwagon. Meritocracy should not
be about who can post the most messages. If you have an actual,
non-hypothetical proposal, please make it.

At this time, I would respectfully request that you make some brief,
oblique reply, which I can safely ignore, allowing you to have the last
word, at which point we can all stop deluging people's mailboxes.

-Ted.