commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:18:38 GMT
"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:
> No - I think Jakarta is getting too big.  But that's for another list. My
> problem with governance of commons is different.  Very specific, and
> different.
>
> I hope commons grows to *hundreds* of well crafted, well documented, well
> supported components.

So take this to its logical conclusion. Propose the Commons as a
top-level ASF project. Jakarta gets smaller, and the Commons components
become subprojects in their own right.

As for myself, I'm in the camp that says the sky isn't falling.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/