commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 22:39:15 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> To me "giving someone access to CVS" === "making someone a committer"

Yes, and in the instant case, I would not be prepared to nominate the
other individual as a Committer yet. Though, I look forward to doing
that in the future once we have had a chance to collaborate on the
package in quesiton.

In some other hypotethical case, I would question whether working on
something in the sandbox indicates that someone has demonstrated the
sustained interest we expect of our Committers.

So, personally, I think the idea of sandbox Committer is an oxymoron.

The last time this came up, I nominated Rey as a Commons Committer,
since I had followed his work for some time, and knew he had the Right
Stuff.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/