commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 20:00:02 GMT
"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:
> I think it comes to trusting someone in a specific domain of expertise.  For
> other jakarta projects (generally speaking) it is my impression that people
> are committers because of expertise in areas related to that specific
> project and are trusted by others *in that specific project* (or some aspect
> of it for the larger ones.)

It's my feeling that we have to trust each other's judgment, including
knowing the limits of their own abilities.

We must start from the premise that committers are sane, mature,
reasonable human beings, and were elected into a subproject because they
have proven their ability to communicate and collaborate.

And, what's the woof? CVS never forgets.

Personally, I think it is a total waste of bandwidth to debate
hypotheticals. This is not a law school. It's a community of programmers
trying to get some programming done. Let's proceed with the tasks at
hand and solve actual problems when they actually occur.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/