commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bean storage in database
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 20:14:26 GMT
We decided to create the sandbox so we wouldn't have to chase our own
*Committers* off to Sourceforge everytime they wanted to whiteboard
something that didn't fit in their own subprojects.

At the time, we specifically decided *not* to open it up to developers
who were not already Jakarta Committers.

If we are able to work with Bryan and put together a proposal for
Simper, then we can propose it and Bryan to the Commons. But until then,
our hands are tied.

-Ted.

"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> On 2/2/02 2:38 PM, "Ted Husted" <husted@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > As much as I like Bryan, we shouldn't turn the Sandbox into a backdoor.
>
> A backdoor to what?
>
> > The Sandbox is open to all Jakarta Committers, but it should not be a
> > SourceForge for our developers.
>
> It is, actually.  Take a look.
>

> > So this is a case where we will have to develop the package outside
> > Jakarta, the old fashioned way, and propose it when it is ready. Then,
> > those of us who will have worked with Bryan can also vouch for him as a
> > Committer.
>
> Why?
>
> We keep *talking* about participation, expanding the community, etc, etc,
> etc.
>
> I guess I don't understand the background of the project...
>
> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr.                                      geirm@optonline.net
> System and Software Consulting
> "Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the
> freeness of speech." - Benjamin Franklin
>
> --

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/