commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:36:19 GMT
Scott Sanders wrote:
> He voted -1 on a release.  He stated his viewpoint.  Does that stop the
> release, maybe.  He has the right though, as a commons committer to do
> that.  The code in logging can be directly and indirectly tied to his
> work.
>
> The code talking is the patch I am waiting for from him to fix the
> problem...
>
> Scott

A release is a majority vote, and cannot be vetoed.

A product change can be vetoed, with justification.

Nothing changes unless people do things. The voting rules are designed
to err on the side of doing.

It's very hard to block real change in a product from a person who is
willing to do the work.

Worse case, you go to whiteboard, and propose your own release.

That's why we call it a meritocracy. It's about doing.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/