commons-dev mailing list archives

From Viraf Bankwalla <viraf_bankwa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Calendar / Scheduler / Workflow
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:17:22 GMT
Hi,

I noticed requests on this list in reference to
Workflow, Job Scheduler and Calendar capabilities.  I
believe that Worklfow and Job Scheduler are part of
commons.  Is anyone addressing the Calendar.

It appears to me that there is commonality betweeen
these three components.  For calendar there is a need
to specify events that occur at some time.  These
events could be one time, or recurring.  Some action
takes place (such as notifying the user) at the time
of the event.  The Job Scheduler needs similar
functionality - the action would be to run a job.  The
calendar also has "To Do" lists (or worklists in
workflow).

Is someone looking at these pieces from a holostic
view so that the various efforts can leverage the work
being done in other services ?

Thanks.

- viraf