commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: [BeanUtils] invokeExactMethod() --> invokeMethod() ?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:31:39 GMT

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Dirk Storck wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:03:58 +0100
> From: Dirk Storck <Dirk.Storck@cms.tecmath.de>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: AW: [BeanUtils] invokeExactMethod() --> invokeMethod() ?
>
> Hi,
>
> I am very new to digester. Where do I find some docs or Howto about it? Not
> the source I mean.

The front page of the Javadocs (down at the bottom, under "Description"
has a pretty thorough introduction to Digester, and describes how its
features are used.  There is an example of one way to use it in the
org.apache.commons.digester.rss package (it knows how to parse the "rich
site summary" format often used to syndicate headlines on portal sites).
For a more comprehensive example, one place to look is in the
org.apache.catalina.startup package of Tomcat 4 (the latest nightly
builds), where Digester is used to read the server.xml file for the entire
server, and web.xml files for each webapp.

> Thanks!

Craig McClanahan