commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] commons-filters
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:50:24 GMT

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:26:34 -0600
> From: Glenn Nielsen <glenn@voyager.apg.more.net>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: [PROPOSAL] commons-filters
>
> The Servlet 2.3 spec adds the ability to configure servlet filters.
> Would the commons be a place where servlet filters could be created
> and shared between different projects?
>
> We (Rich Catlett and I) have a servlet filter which handles file uploads
> by creating a ServletRequestWrapper.  This could be the first filter in
> the commons-filters area.

+1 on the general concept.  However, over time, I think it might need to
be sets of topically related filters.  We could easily start with a
commons-filters package that gets them all, and split out later as needed.
That's sort of the philosophy behind commons-util -- grab small one-class
goodies and package them up until there's enough related stuff to spin off
into its own package.

You and Rich are both Jakarta committers, so we can grant you commit
access to jakarta-commons-sandbox to get this started.

Go ahead and sign me up as an initial contributor, if you want, as well.

> Regards,
>
> Glenn

Craig