commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Decoding multpart mime HTTP POST API
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:47:21 GMT

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:22:44 -0600
> From: Glenn Nielsen <glenn@voyager.apg.more.net>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: [PROPOSAL] Decoding multpart mime HTTP POST API
>
> Decoding HTTP POST multipart mime data is a common task needed for
> file uploads.  There may already exist within Jakarta code for doing
> this.  This seems like a 'common' API which many Jakarta projects could
> use.

+1

> Thoughts?

There's some code for this in Struts, but it is somewhat Struts-specific.
However, I face myself needing exactly the same thing (upload decoding) in
implementing Tomcat's support for remote deployment of webapps, so I'd be
willing to help on this.

If we're willing to be specific to Servlet 2.3, this would be a pretty
nice application of a filter (your next message :-).

> Regards,
>
> Glenn

Craig