commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 21:52:59 GMT
On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 06:30, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Peter Donald wrote:
> > >
> > > _Using_ a commons component in another jakarta project is a huge
> > > commitment to that component. The rule is there to make people know
> > > that they can use a commons component without fear. The rule
> > > allows people that use a component to get more involved in it's
> > > development - including by vote and review of the code and vetoing
> > > change that are wrong.
> >
> > You mean users can become developers by participating?
>
> That's how open source works, Peter !
> Almost all developers around here are users who choosed to participate.

Which is precisely my point - thanks for demonstrating it ;)

Choosing to participate (at least if you are doing it constructively) almost
auotmatically makes you a developer and you merit voting rights.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the
 point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
 The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
        -- George Bernard Shaw