commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:35:42 GMT
On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 10:16, Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> Some developers proposed that all Jakarta members should get Karma to
> Commons automatically.  In essence, you would have been able to commit
> directly to the Commons repository at any time, even if you had made no
> contributions to the Commons before.  I believe this was Costin's original
> stance; I don't know if he still believes this is the best course for the
> project.  For convenience's sake, let's call this the OPEN MODEL.

Funnily enough Costins model == Peters model. Go back and read stuff - I
believe CVS should be open across the board as does Sam IIRC - Jon was
very opposed to it though so it didn't get done ;)

> The other end of the spectrum was Peter's opinion: that each component
> should be run like a mini Jakrata subproject, complete with separate commit
> and voting rights.  We'll say this is the CLOSED MODEL.

Separate voting rights not commit rights. Only people who show commitment to
a product should be able to have binding votes on it.

--
Cheers,

Pete