commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:05:27 GMT
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 05:06, Scott Sanders wrote:
> What needs to be changed Peter?

People who dont contribute to a component dont get voting rights over a
component.

> Explicitly state it in a
> proposal/vote/patch and let's do it.

I have proposed it several times before. If you go back to the original vote
for commons you will see that I only started waving the Avalon duplication
flag after I was ignored on this issue for the second time. I had hoped Jon
would have picked up on it and we could have forced the proposal to include
this requirement but it didn't happen this way.

--
Cheers,

Pete