commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg V Alexeev <>
Subject Re: [logging] Default log
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:58:47 GMT
Hello costinm,

ccn> The current default is NoOp. I would like to change this to SimpleLog. If
ccn> no other logger is found we don't want to lose messages - I think it
ccn> is a huge mistake to default to 'don't log anything if a logger can't be
ccn> found'.

ccn> Also, for SimpleLog - I would like to change the default level to
ccn> info ( or warn ). Error is far too high, it's better to get more
ccn> info by default than to get none ( in a corectly configured
ccn> situation you'll get what's configured, but if something is
ccn> wrong you should get as much as possible ).

One addition - add stream property to the SimpleLog with default init
to the System.out or System.err.

Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>