commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Collections 2.0? (Collections 1.1 RIP)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:56:45 GMT
From: "Michael A. Smith" <michael@iammichael.org>
> Someone recently brought up comparators.  That would probably be a good
> addition.

Agreed - some good common comparators sound good.

> There's probably others as well -- haven't seen a splay-tree
> implementation yet, but does anyone actually use them?  :)

:)

> I thought that was implied by the intro to the collections component:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections.html
>
> I suppose it wasn't explicitly stated though.  But I agree here.
> Collections should be based on the 1.2 Collection APIs.

Agreed - I don't think it makes much sense to have 1.1 support for a library
based on Java 2 collections. (Though with some Ant search & replace hacks we
could build a version of commons-collections that works on the Java 1.1
distro of Java 2 collections - but do we really need to go there?)

James