commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Guijt" <b.gui...@chello.nl>
Subject [BeanUtils] invokeExactMethod() --> invokeMethod() ?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:29:59 GMT
Hello BeanUtils committers,

In december there was a discussion concerning about the invokeExactMethod() in the MethodUtils
class. There were plans to impkement a not-so-exact invokeMethod() method which matches compatible
method signatures. One suggested to look into the Velocity code.

Right now we need to use this particular feature using the commons Digester.

1. Does anybody know where exactly in the Velocity codebase this code can be found?

2. I already took a leap to implement a method 'getMatchingPublicMethod(Class clazz, String
methodName, Class[] paramTypes)' which returns the correct method and is called from the 'getAccessibleMethodFromInterfaceNest()'
method. This seems to work, aka the tests don't fail. Since this change defuses the 'invoke*Exact*Method()'
semantics, is this the right solution? It seems either the methods need to be renamed or the
Digester code needs to be adjusted to call a new 'invokeMethod()'.

TIA,
Bart Guijt