commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@mwm.lt>
Subject Re: [AltRMI] Two way weak hashmap for distributed garbage collection
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:04:29 GMT

Hi,
It some implementation in simplestore "Cashe", but it is not useful for
distributed GC.
I think there is more trivial way to implement ditributed GC.
1. Client creates Object, server adds reference
   SomeSubConstructor(Server server ){ // internal implementation calls this
   server.addReference();  ++
}
2. protected void finalize() // GC calls this
                 throws Throwable{
    server.release() ;  --
}
 this will work without java.lang.ref.*  ;