commons-dev mailing list archives

From Saimon Moore <saimonmo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject newbie Messenger help
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:41:21 GMT

Thanks a lot for creating the Messenger project. It's going to be great help
once I get it working. (Hence the email ;)

I'm trying to get Messenger working with the JBossMQ provider. I've set up my
Messenger.xml file as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manager>

  <messenger name="topic">
    <jndi lookupName="TopicConnectionFactory"> #name bound in JBossNS
      <property>
        <name>com.sun.jms.internal.java.naming.factory.initial</name>
        <value>org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory</value>#JBoss NS
      </property>
    </jndi>
  </messenger>

  <messenger name="queue">
    <jndi lookupName="QueueConnectionFactory">#name bound in JBossNS
      <property>
        <name>com.sun.jms.internal.java.naming.factory.initial</name>
        <value>org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory</value>#JBoss NS
      </property>
    </jndi>
  </messenger>

</manager>

I'm trying to run the Caller class from the messenger.tool package but i'm
getting the following exception trace.

 >java  org.apache.commons.messenger.tool.Caller "queue" "testQueue"
Caught: javax.jms.JMSException: Could not load the Messenger XML config file
from:
file:/home/saimon/temp/jakarta-commons-sandbox/messenger/dist/Messenger.xml
javax.jms.JMSException: Could not load the Messenger XML config file from:
file:/home/saimon/temp/jakarta-commons-sandbox/messenger/dist/Messenger.xml
        at org.apache.commons.messenger.MessengerManager.load(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.messenger.MessengerManager.createInstance(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.commons.messenger.MessengerManager.getInstance(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.commons.messenger.MessengerManager.get(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.messenger.tool.Caller.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.messenger.tool.Caller.main(Unknown Source)

Now, I know Messenger.xml is being found in the classpath because I get a
"file not found " message if I change the name of Messenger.xml to something
else. So it seems that the parsing doesn't like something within the
Messenger.xml file itself. JBoss is running normally.

This is where I'm stuck. ;)

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction as I'm
trying to get my head around JMS and use Messenger and MDO's.

Saimon