commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Messenger and avalon
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:53:54 GMT
Hi Simon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Reynolds" <simon_inhk@hotmail.com>
> Hello,
>
> Is Messenger working with Avalon/Phoenix??

I've never tried using Messenger inside Avalon/Phoenix yet. I've mostly used
Tomcat up to now.

> I can run the test examples that come with Messenger but when I try and
add
> a queue producer to an Avalon server it appears to hang when executing the
> MessengerManager.get() call. I have included the Messenger.xml file in the
> top of the tree in the jar file deployed in the phoenix server.

Wierd. Maybe its to do with the initialization. You could try explicitly
configuring Messenger by getting the URL or the Messenger.xml file via
getClass().getResource( ...) or whatever and calling
MessengerManager.init( url.toString() ) and seeing if that helps?

Maybe enabling logging in the commons-logging might help discover the hang?

James