commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] coupling to digester
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:48:39 GMT
Hi Jason

From: "Jason van Zyl" <jvanzyl@zenplex.com>
> Hi James,
>
> Is betwixt now coupled to the digester? I removed the digester package
> from my build because I want to try to use your code to provide round
> trip goodies for my simple mapper and it didn't want to build. Would it
> be possible to make the input mechanism for the XMLIntrospector more
> flexible so it doesn't rely solely on the digester?

I used Digester to parse the betwixt files that can be used to customize the
bean <-> XML mappings. Though these files are optional and if they are not
found on the classpath they are not used. So I guess a bit of tinkering with
the code and this absolute runtime dependency can be broken. I'll take a
look...

James